The Foundation for the Benefit of Helias Catholic High School, Inc. is offering a scholarship program for current Helias Catholic High School Seniors and Helias Catholic High School Graduates currently enrolled in a post-secondary education, or graduate program.
Who is Eligible?
- Be a current Helias Catholic High School Senior or a Helias Catholic High School graduate currently enrolled in a college, university, technical or vocational college
- A current Helias Catholic High School Senior must provide proof of acceptance into a post-secondary college, university, technical or vocational school.
- A Helias Catholic High School graduate must provide proof of enrollment in a college, university, technical or vocational school.
- A Helias Catholic High School graduate, must provide proof of having completed at least sixty credit hours of a degree program.
- Hold a minimum of a 3.2 GPA or above, on a 4.0 GPA scale or an equivalent rating on a comparative GPA scale.
- Complete all required application information by the application deadline of December 1.
Completed applications will include:
- A completed application form with all requested information attached.
- An original transcript in an official sealed envelope.
- Official verification of acceptance or enrollment in a college, university, technical or vocational school.
- Completion of personal statement.
- At least one letter of reference from a school advisor, school instructor, financial aid counselor, work supervisor or social service personnel.
How much can I receive?
Scholarships vary per applicant, per year and are a one-time gift only. You may not reapply if you have previously received a Foundation scholarship. Scholarships may vary up to $2,000 per scholarship.
How are Recipients Chosen?
A selection committee is comprised of the Helias Catholic High School faculty, the Foundation for the Benefit of Helias Catholic High School, Inc. Board of Directors and administrative staff. Applications will be screened for eligibility prior to being reviewed by the selection committee. Applicants will receive letters of acceptance, or denial of scholarships by mid-February with a formal announcement made at the Foundation's Annual Hall of Fame Banquet which is held in early March. Award recipients will be invited to attend.
How Do I Apply?
- Application forms for the Foundation Scholarship are available, upon request, from the Foundation Office by calling (573) 635-3808, or by visiting our website at: www.heliasfoundation.org.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all parts of the application are properly completed and delivered by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Mail all application materials to the Foundation for the Benefit of Helias Catholic High School, Inc. office – 1312 Southwest Blvd, Suite 103, Jefferson City, MO 65109.
Need More Information?
Contact: Mike Bruns, Executive Director
Phone: (573) 635-3808 or firstname.lastname@example.org